Saturday, July 26, 2014

CASE Study | Challenge #201

Hello, hello! I just spent the afternoon scrapbooking at the amazing Whim So Doodle scrapbook store in St. Petersburg. If you are ever in the Tampa Bay/St. Pete area, you have to check out Whim So Doodle. They have everything! All the new lines, Copics, stamps, cardstock, albums, dies... so many pretty things to choose from!

Before I packed up for this trip I created a card for this week's CASE Study Challenge. Here is the inspiration photo: 


I was inspired by the butterflies and her awesome die cutting. I used my Papertrey Ink Horizontal Stripes die and inlaid four shades of gray cardstock. The banner, sentiment, and circle accent are from PTI's Bountiful Banners set, and the die cut butterfly is a butterfly stitching die. I used Smokey Shadow and Ocean Tides felt with a dark gray thread and used a back stitch to sew around the butterfly. The enamel dots are from We Are Memory Keepers.


Gray carstock, from top to bottom: Papertrey Ink Soft Stone, Stampin' Up! Smokey Slate, Papertrey Ink Smokey Shadow, Papertrey Ink True Black. 

I have some exciting news to announce... I have been asked to join the Gossamer Blue design team! I am thrilled for the opportunity to work with Lori and the GB team. I will have sneak peeks of September's kits in mid-August, and a full reveal on September 1st. 

I am taking a week off from RetroSketches, so I won't have a card tomorrow, but I'll be back with a card next Saturday. :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

7 comments:

~amy~ said...

congrats on the new DT!
Your card is lovely...awesome butterfly!
Thanks for joining us at Case Study!

Cindy said...

Whim So Doodle! Yea! I can picture you working in their back room and wandering through all those aisles of wonderful paper and embellishments. Can't wait to see what you created.

Monica Maier said...

I love the ombre stripes on the background and the color combo! It's one of my favorites!!!

judkajudi said...

Congratulations on top 3 at CASE Study!!

Rochelle Sodipo Washington said...

I see why you were selected to your new DT! You've got an eye for design. Very pretty card!

Izolda said...

Amazing card! So beautiful!
Congrats on top 3 at CASE Study and your new DT!

Sudha said...

Wow..this is pretty sweet. I love this.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in