Monday, December 3, 2012

December Daily - Day Two

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I can't believe how little time I've had to post the past two weeks... we have had company for the past 15 days, plus I came down with a cold/flu that hung around for way too long. I spent all day last Tuesday in bed while my parents took care of Jack. I am so thankful they were in town to take over the household duties... I don't know how else we would have survived! 

I am working diligently on my December Daily album, but nothing is going as planned! My photo printer is out of ink, so I am uploading to Walgreens until I can get to Wal-Mart and buy replacement ink. I tried to print my journaling card with my other printer and the colors are coming out funny... maybe that one is out of ink, too? Mark is going to look at it when he gets home. I also pulled out my red StazOn ink pad to stamp on the cream album, but the ink pad has turned gloppy and chunky... definitely not what I was expecting! So I guess I need to make a trip to Michaels in the morning for a new red ink pad. 

Despite a few setbacks, the project has been a lot of fun to work on. I am using Studio Calico's December Daily kit & album, 4x6 overlays by Ali Edwards, silver super fine embossing powder by Ranger, snowflake dies (which match the stamp set Snowflake Medley), natural wafer board (awesome product!), and last month's Studio AE stamp set. 

I don't have full spreads ready yet (due to printer issues), but I can share my photo page from yesterday:


The "Merry & Bright" brush was added in Photoshop using an exclusive Ali Edwards brush from Studio Calico's 25 Days of Christmas class. The journaling font is Georgia (my go-to font for just about all my journaling). And the beautiful lazy susan the flowers are sitting on was hand made by a dear friend (hi Ray!) for Mark's college graduation. 

And a big thank you to all of you who participated in the Great Impressions + Ribbon Carousel Blog hop. Please visit the Ribbon Carousel Blog and the Great Impressions Blog to see if you are a winner! 

(Hopefully) I will be back tomorrow with completed pages and a card or two. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I am using AE brushes and templates this year. Beautiful flowers.