Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Gossamer Blue | Blog Hop



Good morning! I am so excited to be participating in the October Gossamer Blue blog hop! I have several cards to share today, all created with the October Main Kit, Life Pages Kit, and add-ons

First up is a card using one of the Theresa Collins tags from the Life Pages Main Add-on. I love this little fox, and the enamel hearts added the perfect finishing touch.


The Nine & Co. Ephemera Die Cuts from Teresa Collins are one of my favorite pieces in the October Main Kit. I used one of the big flower clusters on this card, along with a mix of patterned papers and a chipboard sticker from Teresa Collins' Nine & Co Chipboard Buttons. 


Has anyone else hopped on the watercolor trend? I have... in small doses. For this card, I cut the white cardstock at an angle, then used my ink pads to create the background.

I swiped each ink pad onto my craft mat, then used my water brush to splatter the ink over the cardstock. I matched the ink to the patterned paper and die cut, and created my own background paper. Super fun, fast, and easy.


My final card features a gorgeous floral die cut, more heart enamels, and a sentiment rub on that ties the whole card together. This aqua/green/red/black color combo is one I'm going to reach for again... it feels modern to me, but the flowers and gold add a vintage touch. 


I hope you've enjoyed seeing some of my Gossamer Blue projects! Next up is Eunyoung Lee. If you get lost and want to head back to the beginning of the blog hop, click here. Thanks for stopping by!

Erin Taylor  <<< you are here!

12 comments:

justem said...

These are all fantastic, but I love the sweet little fox one the best! :)

Brenda Weaber said...

wow! What a great bunch of cards. Each one so different, but equally beautiful!

Unknown said...

Wow, your cards are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Love all these cards Erin! You mix patterns and colors so perfectly!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

I just love your cards! The water color one is so unique. Gorgeous. :)

Joy said...

Oh my Erin you were the card making machine, love each and everyone of them, but my fav is that fox, I cannot get enough of that fox, hugs

Anonymous said...

great cards, and I have now discovered the retro sketches blog - thanks for the inspiration on two fronts!

Petra Swart said...

These are all so beautiful, Erin!!! Love it!!

Danielle Flanders said...

Love, love these cards, Erin!! Fabulous!
Dani

Vickie Z said...

These are fabulous....every one!!

Diane Payne said...

These are all gorgeous!

~amy~ said...

These are gorgeous Erin!