Sunday, November 9, 2014

Retro Sketches | Challenge #140


Hello there! I hope everyone had a nice Saturday. We just got home from a birthday party celebrating Mark's 32nd birthday (Happy Birthday, babe!), and our friend Anita's birthday. They are "birthday buddies" and this is the second year we have celebrated their special day together. I can't believe how much food we have left over... we are going to be eating leftovers for a week!

I pulled out my new Studio Calico card kit last night to create a card for this week's RetroSketches challenge. This sketch was a lot of fun to work with because of the layers and fun scalloped border at the bottom. 



The floral patterned paper is one of my favorites from this month's kit, and I used it as a background on my card. I used Papertrey Ink's Friendly Flower stamp set for the blue flower and gray leaves, and the October Studio Calico card kit stamp set for the sentiment. 
 


The blue cardstock is also from the Walden SC card kit. The ribbon is Stampin' Up!, and the white dots are from Queen & Co. (I think). 

Check back in a few hours for a card for next week's Paper Smooches Sparks challenge! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend.