Thursday, April 16, 2015

Gossamer Blue | April Projects

Wow... I can't believe it's been a month since I've posted here. I've had a lot of changes in my life over the past seven weeks. My husband and I are divorcing and the kids and I have moved into a new house... this spring has been a blur! We are all trying to find a new routine, and for me that means getting back into my office and creating again. It's been a slow start, but I'm getting there.

The April Gossamer Blue kits are amazing (no surprise there!), and I loved working with them! I am especially drawn to the Simple Stories I Am collection... all those beautiful colors! 

The paper I used for the background of this card is my favorite pattern from the April kits. I love the unique flowers and light blue background.


Another strip of that beautiful paper, and a few chipboard/sequin/enamel dot embellishments. 


I used one of the Life Pages 3x4 cards for my next project. I used double sided tape to add glitter to the top left and bottom right corners, then die cut the "thanks" from light green paper and adhered it to my card.


The feathers! I love the chipboard feathers from the I Am collection, and I used a "thankful" sticker on top of a trio of feathers. One gold heart accent and a scalloped border is all this card needed. 


Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great week!

3 comments:

Karen Steele said...

These are beautiful, fresh and 'happy cards' cards! I love that floral paper - gorgeous!
Wishing you well with happier times to come Erin x

Megan Carroll said...

I am hoping you find a new (and better!) "normal " for you and your boys. Glad you are back creating as you are a beautiful designer. Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

'm glad you are finding a new normal and hope things work out well for you. I enjoy seeing your creations!
Jenny