Friday, June 12, 2015

Right Now | June 2015

He:


Has been a joy to be around this summer. Silly, funny, enthusiastic. Qualities I don't always get from him, and I'm soaking it up. 
Got the biggest grin on his face when I told him about the baseball camp he is going to next month. He is already looking forward to it. 

Is acting more and more like a "tween" and less like a little boy. So mature and articulate at times, but hello eye rolling. Oh how I hate the eye rolling.

Made the A/B honor roll for the fourth quarter, despite four teacher changes this year and our divorce. I am so proud of him.

Is still a healthy eater, when I'm on top of it. He loves cheese sticks, yogurt, carrot sticks, cantaloupe, watermelon, broccoli, and corn.
Is not excited about going to a new school next year.

Totally rocks his new, short hair cut. I love that he's not constantly pushing hair out of his eyes.

Rarely gives me a genuine smile when I ask for a photograph. I'm not sure how I got this photo of him, but this smile? Melts my heart.

Wants to stay up late and watch America's Funniest Home Videos and American Ninja Warrior.



He: 


Totally rocked his "faux hawk" during the last week of school. Complete with green wash out hair dye. He loved it.

Is still into music, and his favorite song right now is All About the Bass by Meghan Trainor. Animals by Maroon 5 is a close second.
Is a master at playing: art projects, imaginative play, Kiwi Crate boxes, Playmobil, digging in the dirt, swimming, coloring, xBox, puzzles. This kid loves to play.

Tasted watermelon for the first time and liked it. For those of you who know Jack, and his struggles with trying new foods, this was huge.

Will still hold my hand, give me hugs and kisses, and loves to snuggle.

Loves the pool and could spend all day swimming. He hated the pool as a baby/toddler, but that changed last year and now I can't keep him out of the water.

Is very excited about going to a new school next year.

Can't wait to go on an airplane next month. Flying to Washington is one of his favorite things, and he is a wonderful traveler.

Is all about play dates these days, and went on his first sleepover a few weeks ago. I received a text from his friend's mother the next day, and she said that Jack announced at 8:45pm that he was going to bed, and he was asleep a few minutes later.



We:


 Have already gone to the aquatic center twice, Pump it Up, Fired Up Pottery, the neighborhood pool, the park, and a Manatees baseball game this summer. It's going to be a great summer vacation.

Are settling into a routine as a family of three.

Need to start eating dinner together again. Our dinner time hasn't been consistent, and I haven't been cooking as much as I should be. That needs to change.
Are counting down the days until we fly to Washington. 

Plan on having an amazing summer together.

2 comments:

Donna Cala said...

Beautiful boys!!! I used to have two little boys. Now I have two big boys (one is an adult). It goes very fast so enjoy them, take pictures and document their personalities and funny quirks. Tell them you love them and appreciate them; tell them a lot. ENJOY!!!

Erin said...

Thanks Donna! I take a ton of photos and I'm trying to enjoy each stage of their lives. :)