Sunday, October 9, 2016

Designing with Stampin' Up! | October 2016

I received another box of awesome new supplies from Stampin' Up! earlier this month and I am finally getting around to blogging about them! For those of you who follow me on Instagram, these cards were posted a couple of weeks ago. I'm pretty good about creating cards and photographing them, but I've been slacking in the blogging department. Sigh. One of these days I'll have more time for this wonderful crafty hobby of mine!

Until then, here are the first three cards I created with my new box of supplies. 

First up is a fall card using the gorgeous new Paisleys and Posies stamp and die set. I love how this turned out. I used the matching designer series paper (the specialty paper is gorgeous!) plus an older cream colored flower cabochon from my stash. It is made by Stampin' Up!... from 2012 or 2013, maybe? I also used matching twine and pearls. 

I created the stamped background first by stamping some of the paisley images with Delightful Dijon ink. The sentiment was stamped with Rich Razzleberry ink.


Up next I have a card using the Christmas Pines stamp set and matching dies. Yes, I even inked the edges of my card! I usually shy away from the grungy/distressed look, but the vanilla background needed a little something. I used a Time Holtz distress ink and my ink blending tool. I think the distress ink I used was antique linen. 

I die cut the pine-cones from metallic gold paper and used gold glitter paper (another older Stampin' Up! product) as a border between the red and cream papers.  


The last card I made uses the adorable Hang Your Stocking stamp and die set. This striped paper might be my favorite holiday patterned paper ever. The red/green/mint colors are perfect for holiday cards! 

I stamped the stocking with Stampin' Up! Emerald Envy ink and added a die cut bow from Cherry Cobbler. The silver glitter tape and twine are both from my stash.  


Have you gotten a jump on your Christmas/holiday cards yet? I'm making progress! 

I hope you're having a great weekend and check back soon for more card inspiration!

5 comments:

Scrapthology said...

Lovely cards, both really pretty designs.

Margie Higuchi said...

Stunning cards! Better get started on my holiday cards :)

Amy Jo Vanden Brink said...

Love the stocking card!

KarenSue said...

oooh, very pretty, I LOVE that stocking card. I would have never thought to use black/white twine, but it is perfect

LisaDV said...

Wonderful cards!