Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hello 2012


As Mark and I rang in the New Year last weekend, I couldn't help but reflect on the past 365 days. During that time we moved (again), started a new life in Florida, Mark started a new job, we enrolled Evan in his 3rd pre-school, watched him graduate from pre-school, enrolled him in Kindergarten, spent 8 days in Orlando/Disney world, traveled back to Washington, celebrated the boys' 2nd and 5th birthdays, and so, so much more.

Our year in Ohio was full of adjustments. Adjusting to living so far from family, learning to get around a new area, lots and lots of snow, health problems for both boys, and a 110 year old house that was not user friendly. While I don't regret our time in the Midwest, this year I finally feel settled. We have a house that fits us, a wonderful yard for the boys (and Rocket), and every time I leave my house I see palm trees. It has not been perfect; we have had our share of ups and downs, challenges, set backs, and frustrations. But I feel content. Mark and I are going to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary this summer, Jack is still my talkative, sweet little boy, and Evan is excelling in school. I have several personal and professional goals in mind as we embark on a new year. 2011 was good to us as a family, but I look forward to the new year. I look forward to new experiences, adventures, celebrations, and learning opportunities. Most of all, I am looking forward to doing it all with the ones I love.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Two connections with you in one day...first a great chat and then seeing you published yet again...lucky me! It's just great that you got another WHOLE page in Scrapbooks, etc. They should just commission you to do a digital layout/column every month!

Mark said...

My beautiful family@