Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Project Life Title Page & Week 1

When Becky Higgins introduced her Project Life kits in late 2010, I was super excited. I wanted to jump on board & make it happen. Then Mark got a new job and I knew all my scrapbooking stuff was going to be packed away for most of January (and as it turns out, most of February, too). So I put it off and told myself I would start in 2012. And here we are! I ordered the Clementine Core Kit and several of the divided page protectors. However, the main page protectors are sold out until February so I am using page protectors from an old Project 365 kit I never finished. When the design A page protectors come back in stock I will probably switch to those.

(click on a picture to make it larger)

For my title page I used three 4x6 cards from the Clementine Core kit + photos + a few embellishments. I wanted to keep it clean & simple. Supplies - "celebrate everyday life" letter stickers: BasicGray. Doily die: Papertrey Ink. Butterfly die: Papertrey Ink. "Taylor 2012" stickers: American Crafts Thickers. Heart border die: Papertrey Ink. Tag die: Papertrey Ink. Stapler: Tim Holtz Mini Attacher. Cardstock: Papertrey Ink.

Here is week 1. When I started editing my photos I realized the long journaler on the right is sticking up out of the page protector. I guess between trying to keep Jack from turning the pages & Rocket from stepping on the book it must have slipped out. I used one of Ali Edwards' Long Journalers, stuck it in a page protector, trimmed it, and used three staples to secure it. My sewing maching isn't working at the moment, but when I get it fixed I plan on sewing the pocket closed.

The left page. Last week was very photo heavy, and I'm okay with that. We had a very busy week and I was a little shutter happy.

I used two inserts this week. One long journaler, and one 6x12 three-up page protector. Also on my to-do list is picking up some Avery tabs to attach to the 6x12 and 8.5x11 inserts.

On the backside of the long journaler I attached a piece of kraft cardstock, a butterfly, button, and some twine. When I was at a dentist's appointment last week, our babysitter, Jen, took some photos of the boys that I really liked. She did a great job capturing them in motion while they played outside, and I happily included them in this week's spread with some journaling using my typewriter.

The back side of the 6x12 divided page protector.


On the right side of the page, I included a thank you card from my Aunt Shelly, a few pictures, and some journaling. The cute little red striped journaling card is a Liz Tamanaha/Paislee Press printable. I am undecided about the photo of Jack's hand and the play-dough, but it's printed and I'm leaving it there.

We are half way through week 2 and I'm already excited to get this week's layout put together.
This project has made me slow down and really take note of the funny things the boys say, take more photos, and remember to enjoy the little things.

Have a good week!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm in awe of anybody who takes this project on. Will be watching your progress to get ideas for the "101 Places" album Kimberly is doing for Kade. It also has divided pages and I'm always up for new ideas.

Valerie! said...

Absolutely beautiful!! You are my inspiration!!

Erin said...

Thank you so much Cindy & Valerie!

Cass said...

Hey, that looks awesome!!
I'm dying to do a year of Project Life but am realistic enough to know that nothing gets done these days!!