Sunday, May 11, 2014

RetroSketches | Challenge #114

Today I have a card for this week's RetroSketches challenge. I have been sorting my Studio Calico stamps (and getting ready to sell a few sets, too), and I found two sets that haven't seen ink yet: the Cuppa card kit, and the Athens card kit add-on. I like the "sketchy" look of the stamps in both sets, so I combined them on my card. Here is the sketch for this week:


And here is my take:

 (Supplies - Stamps: Studio Calico. Ink: (Memento Luxe) Rich Cocoa and Toffee Crunch. Cardstock: (Neenah) Solar White. Patterned Paper: Studio Calico. Buttons: Studio calico. Corner punch: EK Success. Pearls: Hero Arts.)

Monochromatic cards are some of my favorites to make. I used a variety of brown & inks and embellishments for this card. The corner punch is one that I've had for years, but the small size makes it perfect for cards.

I hope you can play along with us this week! 

2 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cool card!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! I love your take on the sketch!