Wednesday, July 2, 2014

ColourQ | Challenge #248

Happy Wednesday, friends! 

I am anxiously waiting to hear that Evan has landed safely in Orlando. He is returning from a 10 day trip to WA, and I can't wait to see him! Mark is picking him up from the airport and driving him home. I've been tracking his flight since this morning, and he only has 275 miles to go! 

I love the 4th of July, and this week's ColourQ challenge is perfect for 4th of July cards. 


I pulled out two Papertrey Ink stamp sets: Red, White, & Blue and City Scene. I have a love/hate relationship with City Scene because it can be really hard to line up, but after a little more practicing, I think the buildings turned out nicely. 

I stamped the fireworks with Stampin' Up's Riding Hood Red (my Ruby Red is missing...) and Marina Mist. I added gems and star sequins to each of them. Then I die cut and stamped the houses with Riding Hood Red, Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy, and Sahara Sand. The sentiment, also from Red, White, and Blue, was stamped on a Tremendous Tags die. 


That's it for me today! Thanks for stopping by. 

6 comments:

Joyce said...

This is so fabulous, and you have inspired me to pull out City Scene to try to make something with it, too. I only hope I can find the time. Fireworks over the city skyline are fantastic. Hope your son made it home OK.

Sylvia said...

Wonderful card, Erin, love all the die cut buildings! thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.

Kristie Goulet said...

I love this! City scene is perfect for this! Awesome job!

Maria said...

Beautiful 4th of July scene! Wonderful fireworks and houses...so cute and fun!

None None said...

Love this!! Fireworks over city scenes always make me smile so I was pulled toward your thumbnail over at cQc. Love the rhinestones you added to the fireworks for even more pizzazz

Lisa Elton said...

Oh Erin this is FABulous!! I love the festive 4th of July scene you created. Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!