Monday, January 18, 2016

Retro Sketches | Challenge #198

Get afternoon! Before I talk about this week's Retro Sketches sketch (and my inspiration card) I wanted to let you know about a class I have over at Big Picture Classes. Last summer BPC approached me about teaching card classes for them and I happily accepted! My first class, Clean and Simple Cards, went live a couple of months ago. If you're a monthly subscriber to Big Picture Classes I would love for you to check it out!  

This week's Retro Sketch sketch is based on one of my cards! You can see it here.


I pulled out my Studio Calico Pop Art card kit, and a couple of rubber leaves from the scrapbook kit, for my card. I love the bright colors mixed with black and white in the Pop Art kit, and the rubber leaves are a fun element. 

 
I added a few enamel dots, also from Studio Calico, and a sentiment from Papertrey Ink. Quick and easy!

Thank you so much for leaving comments on my post from Saturday. It means a lot that I have loyal blog readers that check out my tiny part of cyberspace. 

I hope everyone is having a nice holiday. The kids and I have done nothing today (whoo!) except relax, play games, and do some cleaning. Exactly what we needed after an extremely busy week! Thanks for stopping by.
 

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a fun card!

Jen W. said...

I'm with you - love how those bright colours pop and those rubber leaves are SO cool!

Nicole Parmentier said...

super cool!!