Saturday, March 31, 2007

family in town...

My dad, mom, and sister arrived this evening for a quick weekend visit. I was surprised the entire clan was coming, we were just over there two weeks ago for Evan's birthday, but they wanted to come! Mark is really looking forward to golfing with my dad, and I think the only reason my mom comes is to see Evan! Abby is on spring break from PLU this week, and my mom is on spring break next week, so she might stay an extra few days, and I can drive her home some time later in the week. It is really hard for me to imagine my dad as a college student in this town. I don't know why, but he actually took the same classes, at the same school, as my husband...only thirty years earlier! I bet a lot has changed since my dad went here...so it is probably pretty weird for him to come back, too. I always thought my dad was so smart for going to a "state university," and now I can proudly say that my husband is attending the same school.

That is so cool.

I really am so proud of Mark for all his hard work, and everything he has done to stay on course. Even after we had Evan, halfway through his first year here, Mark finished that semester with great grades. Not many people could work through Electrical Engineering school with a wife and baby boy.

Keep going Mark, I will stand by you....

My parents have been so supportive of his schooling, and their frequent visits prove it. I know the 5 hour drive, on a Friday night, after working for 8 hours, is not a lot of fun. But, they do it because they love us, miss us, and want to see Evan.... :-) Really, though, I think they visit to show Mark how proud they are of his accomplishments, and his ability to stay focused, and work toward a goal.

We love you, babe.


Mark and Evan at the Air Museum in Seattle. March 2007.

No comments: