Saturday, September 12, 2009

My Two Boys.


He...

... totally loves pre-school. He is adjusting well to the transitions and having mommy & daddy leave him, and he is excited to have us pick him up. He talks about his friends at school & especially playing outside. I am so glad we made the decision to have him start this fall.


... is into everything! He is so curious & wants to know how to make things work. His new trick is to call people on Mark's phone, then hang up. He has done it twice now: once calling my mother-in-law, and this morning he called Roy. He can also turn on Mark's iPhone, push the button to his favorite game, and play it. He is so much like Mark!


... is into golf & soccer lately. He wanted to take his golf (or "glolf" has he calls it) clubs to the park, so after pre-school last week we did just that.


... loves to play Candyland, Hi-Ho Cherry-Oh, and Chutes & Ladders, over & over & over. I can handle playing a few times, but after the fourth or fifth round of Candyland, I've had enough! But he follows the rules & knows when it's his turn. I tried playing these games with him back in February/March, and he didn't get the concept of taking turns or counting cherries. Now he totally gets it.


He...

...is so full of personality & spunk I can't even put it into words. He coos and talks all the time, and almost always has a smile on his face.


... is really starting to bond with Mark. Mark is doing some of the night feedings, now that Jack is taking a bottle full time, and I think that has helped bring the two of them together.

... tolerates tummy time, but prefers to be sitting up. He hasn't mastered that skill yet, so he spends a lot of time in his bouncer, swing, or saucer to keep him upright. He is really starting to reach & grab at toys, and especially likes to put them in his mouth.


... is starting to think about sleeping through the night. Last night he woke up at 1:20am, ate, then slept until 8:15am. I have found I am a much nicer person when I don't have to get up three or four times per night, so I am really thankful for the 6 and 7 hour blocks of sleep his is allowing me to get.


They...

... make me happy & keep me on my toes & drive me crazy & make me love them more everyday.


1 comment:

Cass said...

You'll be so glad in years to come that you've documented all these "little things" of their lives and personalities ... as how quickly we forget!

Brothers ... so happy just being together!