Friday, January 1, 2010

Hello Ohio.

We are here! Our trip on Wednesday was what I expected it to be: crazy, stressful, a few meltdowns (Evan), some bickering (Mark and me), but ultimately successful. Our flight out of Salt Lake was delayed over 90 minutes, so we didn't get into Cincinnati until almost midnight, but the boys did so well throughout the whole trip. Evan was a little crabby the last hour of our final flight, and Jack cried before take off, but some love (and a bottle for Jack) solved both problems.

Can I just say how much I HATE rental car agencies? Budget was especially obnoxious yesterday when we returned our tiny Subaru. Okay, vent over :-)

Evan has been asking all sorts of questions the last couple of days, like "where are all my toys?" and "do I get a new house?" So we took him to our house yesterday, and he was so excited. He knows he is getting a play room in this house, and he and Jack have a big room upstairs. He also is excited about having a backyard (although I'm not sure how excited Mark is to mow the new backyard...).

We are settling into our hotel room until our things arrive in the next couple of weeks. It will be an adjustment for all of us when Mark goes to work Monday. What on earth are we going to do all day in a hotel?!? I really wish we would have packed the Wii, because that would be instant entertainment for Evan! But we will figure out something to do. I feel bad that Evan got so many cool Christmas presents, but they are all on a truck somewhere between Washington and Ohio. I guess when we open our boxes it will feel like Christmas all over again for him :-)

We are still adjusting to the time change. The boys went down last night at 11pm local time, and woke up at 11am this morning... so we aren't really adjusted at all! Tonight we will try to get them down earlier. Maybe that should be my New Years Resolution: get the boys to bed at 8pm Eastern Time, not Pacific Time.

We are hoping to take the boys to the Cincinnati Zoo for zoo lights tomorrow night.

I am really, really sick of eating at restaurants & fast food.

I still can't believe airlines charge to check bags. Our tickets were so expensive because we traveled during a peak time, yet we still paid $30 to check two bags. Yuck.

I don't know how military families move every 1-2 years... it is so stressful! I am hoping this cross-country move is our last for a long, long time.

Happy New Year from the Taylors in Ohio!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Glad to hear you made it safe & sound. Sounds like it was quite the adventure. Good luck with everything.