Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Visiting Santa and an Introduction.

The last 10 days have been completely crazy around here. Evan has been fighting a cold, Mark has had some major dental work done, and I am in the midst of a nasty cold right now. Jack has had the worst of the illnesses and he ended up in the emergency room Friday night with a high fever, ear infection, sinusitis, and asthma symptoms. On top of all that I decided to damage every electronic devise I own last week, which compounded my stress. I am so glad last week is over!

Evan pre-school had a meet and great with Santa Saturday morning. Jack was still really sick, so he and I stayed home while Mark took Evan to the school. Evan is not smiling in most of the photos, but I like how this one turned out:


Doesn't he look mischievous? I asked him what he asked Santa for Christmas, and he said "a boat with peoples and airplanes." Good thing Santa got that request four months ago when the Fisher-Price summer catalog came out!

Mark got his Christmas present a little early this year. He has been bugging me for months to get a dog, but I have firmly put my foot down. I have my hands full already with the kids, being room mom at Evan's school, my 0wn projects, plus all my family obligations. Last week he found an adorable 4 month old Cockalier that he wanted me to meet, and I finally caved in.

This is Rocket:











He is four months old and is a Cocker Spaniel/Cavalier King Charles Spaniel mix. We wanted a low maintenance, lovable, mellow dog that wouldn't require hours of attention or have so much energy that the kids couldn't play with him, and Rocket is a perfect match for our family. The kids adore him, and I love how easy he has been to potty train.

I hope everyone has a great week.

1 comment:

Cass said...

Ah, Rocket is cute to the max!!