Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Great Impressions Stamps | Hello!

Good morning! I hope everyone is having a great week. I am proud to say that my Christmas cards are finished and most are going in the mail today! I think this is the earliest I have ever gotten my cards mailed. It is usually December 23rd, or worse, the day after Christmas, when they finally make it into the mailbox! 

Because my cards are done, I decided to create a bold and bright "Hello" card using a fantastic Great Impressions stamp. I used Great Impressions Twirly Backgrounds that I cut apart (eek!) to make three individual stamps. For this card I only used the large and small star burst images. 

The large star burst was stamped in Concord Crush and Bermuda Bay, and the smaller star burst was stamped in More Mustard and Cajun Craze. I rounded two corners of the white panel before adhering it to a piece of More Mustard cardstock. The speech bubble is chipboard, made by Pebbles Inc., that I traced onto Bermuda Bay cardstock and stamped with VersaMark ink. The "HELLO" frame is by KI Memories.

 (Supplies - Stamps: (Great Impressions) Twirly Background. Cardstock: (Stampin' Up!) Bermuda Bay, More Mustard, Whisper White. Speech Bubble: Pebbles Ink. Frame: KI Memories. Badge: Hello Forever. Enamel dots: My Mind's Eye.)

Isn't the Twirly Background stamp fun? And cutting apart my stamps is becoming less... painful every time I do it. In this case, it made stamping the multicolored background so much easier. No masking, no sticky notes. I just alternated stamping between the four colors and I was done!

Today's card was inspired by this week's Retro Sketches challenge



That's it for me today. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Lovely to see a nice and warm card - you are ahead of me on the Christmas cards - I just finished writing them, but I need to find addresses and hopefully post them this weekend :)

Jasmine said...

What a fun card, Erin! So fresh! Congrats on getting you Christmas cards finished....would you like to come finish mine? lol
Jasmine
alittledabofglue.blogspot

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I love your take on the sketch. This is such a fun and happy card. Awesome stamping!

Laurab said...

Terrific card. I looked the combination if the hello button and fraime