Monday, September 13, 2010

Family

I pulled out my trimmer, adhesive, typewriter, and stamps and created a paper layout over the weekend. I haven't created a traditional layout in a couple of months, and it felt great to get out my supplies and work with printed materials again. I went through Scrapbook Pictures for my photos, and they did a great job:


[Supplies: Kraft cardstock - Papertrey Ink. Patterned paper - Stampin' Up! & Making Memories. "Family" rub-on - 7 Gypsies. Stamps - Ali Edwards for Technique Tuesday. Buttons - Autumn Leaves. "Love" word strip - Making Memories. Ink - Stampin' Up! Other: White thread & typewriter.]

Evan woke up in a great mood, which made his first day of school a really great experience. I can't believe the difference between his first day of school this year, and his first day of school last year. Last year he sat on the carpet and cried for 30 minutes when we dropped him off. His teacher almost had us take him home because he was so inconsolable. This year he was excited when we got there, but a little tentative when we arrived at his classroom. He gave me a hug and a kiss, said "I love you", and slowly walked into his classroom. He looked back for reassurance a couple of times, but otherwise he was fine. I, on the other hand, cried all the way home. When I picked him up he was happy & said he had a great day. His teacher is very enthusiastic and I think it is going to be a good fit for Ev.

It was really nice to spend the afternoon with Jack. He is a chatterbox, and cracks me up when he has conversations with me in his own language. He little voice is so sweet, and he has so much to say! He did start saying "nana" (for banana) today, and "ow" when he bonks his head or gets hurt. I had so much one-on-one time with Evan, and I'm glad I get the same opportunity with Jack.

Have a great week, friends.

xoxo,

Erin.

1 comment: