Sunday, September 15, 2013

Avery Elle September AEI {heart} U Challenge | Retro Sketches Challenge #81

Happy Sunday, friends! I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. I cleaned up my office a bit Friday night, which motivated to me to play along with a couple of challenges: Avery Elle & Retro Sketches. First up is a card for this month's Avery Elle AEI {heart} U challenge:

 I was drawn to the aqua, yellow, red, and green color combo. I used a stamp from Suzani to create the lined background to mimic the lines from the gondola ride. The flowers are also from Suzani:

 (Supplies - Stamps: (Avery Elle) Suzani, Modern Leaves, Petals and Stems. Ink: (PTI) New Leaf, Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy. (Memento Luxe) Dandelion. (Ranger) Archival Black. Cardstock: (PTI) Smoky Shadow, Harvest Gold, White, Aqua Mist. Buttons: (PTI) Black. Twine: (PTI) Pure Poppy. Gems: Queen and Co. Dies: (Avery Elle) Modern Leaves. (EK Success) Circle Punch. (PTI) Scalloped edge border die.)

Next up is a card for this week's Retro Sketches challenge


A couple of weeks ago I purchased Ali Edwards' Fun Flair stamp set. The little star/circle image was perfect for this sketch:

 (Supplies - Stamps: (Technique Tuesday/Ali Edwards) Fun Flair. (PTI) Enjoy the Ride. Cardstock: (PTI) Harvest Gold, White. (Stampin' Up!) Kraft, Silver glitter paper. Punch: (EK Success) Circle. Dies: (PTI) Stars, Sketched Shapes. Patterned Paper: (American Crafts) Dear Lizzy paper pad. Ink: (Stampin' Up!) Coastal Cabana. (Ranger) Archival Black. Other: Button, Twine.)

The silver glitter paper was a last minute addition, and I love it! I think every birthday card should have a little sparkle. :)

That's it for me! Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Great card! I love what you did with this sketch. I really like your star - spot on!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely card, love the colors together!!!

Claire said...

Beautiful CAS designs and what a gorgeous, fresh colours you've used! Thanks for joining in at retro Sketches!

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous cards, Erin!