Tuesday, February 16, 2010

For Today: February 16, 2010

Outside my window... the snow continues to fall and it is beautiful.

I am thinking... about how big my sweet baby Jack is getting. I also cannot believe Evan is going to be four in less than two months. Why do they have to grow up so fast?

I am thankful for... my husband's job (that he loves). And our friends and family who call and e-mail and text and facebook and make us feel connected to them even though we are 2,000 miles away.

From the kitchen... homemade macaroni and cheese (with ham), corn on the cob, and garlic bread for the big people, pureed vegetables and sweet corn puffs for the littlest Taylor.

I am wearing... a cream fleece zip-up sweatshirt, black yoga pants, and no shoes.

I am creating... a couple of digital scrapbook layouts, and a (belated) Valentine's Day gift.

I am going... to put laundry away & play with the kids. I also might watch a little bit of the Olympics I recorded last night.

I am reading... Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah. Thoroughly enjoying this book.

I am hoping... to start & finish my office on Saturday. I'm really anxious to finish project 365, work on Jack's baby book, make some cards, and use my Letterpress.

I am hearing... Evan make helicopter noises as he plays with his Fire Station. I am so glad he likes his *big* Christmas gift from mommy and daddy.

Around the house... there are piles of laundry that need to be put away & toys that need to be picked up.

One of my favorite things... is watching Evan use his imagination and create stories for his firemen. This is something relatively new for him. He is moving away from playing the Wii and watching cartoons in the morning, and would rather build with his Trio blocks, or rescue people with his wooden fire truck. I love seeing his imagination at work.

A few plans for the rest of the week... stay inside and wait for the snow storm to pass. Play with my kids. Read. Scrapbook. Clean. Organize. Watch more of the Olympics.

A picture to share...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful, Erin! What a great way to recognize how much you have and focus on all the great things in your lives! I know that it's tough being so far from family, but it will make you stronger and it does get easier...Happy Tuesday!

Amanda Blake said...

I can't wait till that stage of my life where you can just raise your babies and just take in life as it happens... Love to hear what your up to. Have a great day and keep blogging : )