Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Little Pirates

The kids are really into projects right now. They want to sit down at the kitchen table with me and make something really, really cool. I should be better at whipping up a super awesome art project for us to complete, but the truth is I'm not the best at coming up with something unique or clever. So we color or paint, and 10 minutes later the kids are bored and I have a giant mess to clean up.

Until I found Kiwi Crate.

Kiwi Crate delivers a complete art kit to our door each month with 2 projects, instructions, and adhesive. All I have to do is open the kit, sit down with the boys, and make something! We received our first kit last month and it was pirate themed. We made a treasure chest and map one day, and last week we pulled out the kit to make pirate hats, an eye patch, and parrot hand puppets.

After the boys created their projects I tried to take a few pictures, but they were bouncing around like bunnies and I ended up with more goofy photos than anything. Jack was trying to tell Evan all about his parrot, and Evan wanted to show me his hat... they were not very cooperative subjects!








Jack kept saying "Ahoy Matey!" and "Arrrrrgh!"... I think he picked that up from Jake and the Neverland Pirates on Disney. He loves his pirate hat. And Evan used the included stencils and spent a lot of time coloring his hat & eye patch. It was a really great experience and the kids are already looking forward to getting this month's kit.

(I was not paid or compensated to write about Kiwi Crate. We just really like the product!).

1 comment:

Mark said...

And the Super Mom award goes to...