Wednesday, August 22, 2012

ColourQ | Challenge #151

The second card I want to share is for ColourQ's newest challenge, using this color scheme: 

I pulled out Papertrey Ink's Teach and Inspire set to create fun, modern card for one of the boys' teachers. I am usually drawn to more "earthy" colors, so this was a big step outside my comfort zone. My only complaint is Stampin' Up's die ink doesn't play very well with my Papertrey Ink stamps. My impressions are a little blotchy, but I couldn't find suitable replacements with other ink brands.

The pencil was colored using Copic markers before being popped up with pop dots.


Thanks for looking! 

6 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Love those chevrons Erin and that fun pencil image. Thank you for joining us this week at the colourQ!

Sylvia said...

What a fun card, Erin, love the school theme. Thanks for joining in the fun this week at the colourQ.

Jen Mitchell said...

Very cool card. I love how the chevrons frame the sentiment and pencil! I most use Stampin Up inks and although I don't usually have a problem inking up PTI stamps sometimes it helps if you pat the stamp on Versarmark before you put it on the colored stamp pad. The Versamark gives the stamp a bit more stickiness for the colored ink to stick to.

Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Deborah Frings said...

Really eye catching! I love the chevrons and sweet sentiment too!

Yapha said...

What a great card! The chevrons look great, and that pencil is so fun! Great use of the colors! Thank you for playing at ColourQ this week!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Amazing card Erin - LOVE IT! Congrats on earning a spot as a colourQ Courtier & so happy you could play with us!!!