Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Great Impressions Stamps | Chalkboard Owl

Good morning! I have a fun post for you guys today. One of the trends I have been seeing a lot of is the Chalkboard Technique. It's all over Pinterest and now taking cardmaking by storm! Betsy Veldman did a fantastic tutorial on it a few months ago, and of course I had to try it. I took photos of my process along the way and added notes to each of the photos. Enjoy! 

(Supplies - Stamps: (Great Impressions Stamps) Love Struck Owl, Simple Elegance. Ink: VersaMark. Cardstock: (PTI) True Black, Pure Poppy, Sweet Blush. Patterned Paper: BasicGrey. Dies: (PTI) Limitless Layers Hearts, Small Scalloped Border. Gems: Hero Arts. Other: Baker's Twine, white embossing powder, white colored pencil, typewriter.)

As an added bonus you got to peek at my craft desk. Which is usually a mess while I am in the middle of a project! :-)

Isn't it a fun technique? And the Love Struck Owl makes the cutest Valentine's Day cards. If you have any questions feel free to ask them in the comments section. Have a great week and I'll be back next Wednesday with another card for Great Impressions Stamps!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Beautiful! I love this technique but haven't given it a try yet.

Stacy said...

Wow, this card is impressive. Thanks for the wonderful photos.

Shanna Shands said...

You have outdone yourself Erin. These technique is awesome. I am saving your project on Pinterest so I can give it a try soon!