Wednesday, August 6, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch! | Challenge #87

Hi there! Today I have a card for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch! challenge, which is actually a combined challenge with Tag You're It. I just picked up a pack of adorable tags from Crate Paper's Notes & Things collection, and one of the tags was perfect for a card. Here is the sketch for this week: 


I used some fun chevron arrow patterned paper from my stash and combined it with a tag from Crate Paper. The stamped sentiment, Congrats, is from Studio Calico's Antiquary card kit. I added some white and gold twine, sequins, and gold enamel dots to finish off my card. 

When I was initially adhering the tag to my card front, the twine was too bulky and the card looked a little off. I ended up using foam adhesive to attach the tag, which worked so much better. The "happy for you" was pre-printed on the tag and create the perfect sentiment for my card. 


The boys only have eight days of summer vacation left before school starts again. Evan is just starting to realize that daily trips to the pool, endless hours of xBox and Minecraft, and staying in our pajamas until noon is about to end. We are going school supply shopping on Thursday, and I'm ordering new backpacks for both boys this week. For the first time in 8.5 years I will have the house to myself for 7 hours each day. It is going to be so strange (and quiet!) with Jack and Evan in school full time. I am excited for the new adventures this school year will bring to them, but it's going to be an adjustment for all of us as we navigate new routines and expectations. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday! Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful colors and perfect inspiration for the CTS #87/Tag,You're It challenge!

Toni said...

Very clean and fresh!

Jocelyn Olson said...

This card is so pretty! I love the mix of papers and the tag. I can imagine that it will be a strange transition time, but I'm sure it will be nice to have time alone, too. :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty, Erin! I love how we used the same patterned paper on our cards! I can't wait to get the new Crate Paper line -- it looks fabulous!