Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Halloween 2014 | Traditional Layout


I have a scrappy confession to make: I don't create themed/holiday layouts very often. Or ever. I prefer to create "everyday" layouts rather than the major holidays. When I pulled out the frames from Studio Calico's Calypso kit, I instantly thought of this photo of Jack and Evan wearing their Halloween costumes. The boys were Steve and a Creeper, from Minecraft, and wore matching Minecraft tshirts while we trick-or-treated. I'm so happy with how my layout turned out, and I can add this page to my very thin "holiday" section in my albums.

I used a bunch of older Studio Calico kits and products on my layout, combining them to create a bright (and very non-Halloween) themed layout.


The red alphabet that I used for the title, and the black numbers for "2014", are part of an Ali Edwards alphabet sticker pack that I picked up a few months ago, and I've used them a lot already. They are a great size for traditional layouts and pocket style pages.

Now I need to tackle about ten years of Christmas, Thanksgiving, and birthday party photos to get all caught up. Thanks for stopping by and have a great week! 

3 comments:

Ela said...

Wow, love that layout - and the costumes!
Hugs
Ela

Erin said...

Thanks Ela!

Cindy said...

I adore this page!