Friday, August 3, 2012

Hero Arts | August Card Challenge

I have some really exciting news to share tonight... the card I entered in the CAS-ual Fridays color challenge last week won! I am honored to be last week's winner, and I have an awesome new blog badge over on the right. Thanks CAS-ual Fridays & congratulations to the VIPs and Contenders! 

Tonight I am posting a trio of butterfly cards that I am entering in the Hero Arts August card challenge. I used one of their sketches to create three bright and cheerful cards, for three different occasions.  


 (Supplies- Stamps: Hero Arts. Cardstock: Avery Elle. Buttons: (green and blue) Doodlebug. (pink) unknown. Gems: Hero Arts colored with Copics. Green baker's twine: Stampin' Up! White string: unknown. Dies: Papertrey Ink. Pink patterned paper: Stampin' Up! Ink: Papertrey Ink & Stampin' Up!)



I used cardstock from a new company, Avery Elle, for all three cards. Aren't the colors yummy? I am very impressed with the quality of this cardstock. It is a heavy weight and takes ink really well. The green is one of my favorite colors to work with right now... it is very vibrant in real life. The ink I used is Gumball Green from Stampin' Up!.

The buttons on the green and blue cards are by Doodlebug and I love them! I have had this package in my stash for a few months, just waiting for the perfect project. I am so glad I found it! Unfortunately the pink buttons did not match the cardstock and ink of my pink card, but the blue and green match perfectly. 

While I was taking pictures of my cards, Evan and Jack were eating dinner. Well, they were supposed to be eating dinner. Mostly they were screwing around! For example:


Evan tickling Jack and Jack screeching "EVAN DON'T DO THAT!"

I am so glad it is Friday. It has been a l-o-n-g week!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Congrats on your win! I love your set of cards. LOVE! That's so funny that behind these elegant cards are two rambunctious little boys. So cute!

Heidi said...

Beautiful cards.