Saturday, April 27, 2013

Paper Smooches Sparks + Wplus9 Monday Mood Board + ColourQ

Hi there! I have three cards to share today for three different challenges: Paper Smooches Sparks, Wplus9 Monday Mood Board, and ColourQ.

First up is a card for this week's Paper Smooches Sparks challenge:


Let's talk about inspiration for a moment. Because at first glance I'm sure my card doesn't look like it was "inspired" by the above photo at. all.  I had an idea of what I wanted to create, but it was derailed when I didn't have the correct color Copic markers to color the blue flowers I stamped. Then I pulled out some old 6x6 pattern paper packs and found the *perfect* shade of blue for the background. I love this clipboard stamp and started creating my own clipboard using silver shimmer paper, brads, and textured cardstock bay Stampin' Up! The white paper is actually from a BasicGray 6x6 pad and I stamped the "thanks" sentiment with PTI's Aqua Mist ink. 

Then I was stuck. 

I wanted flowers or leaves or something that would match the patterned paper and sentiment... and I pulled out Zoo Crew and the giraffe fits perfectly. And I have Copic markers to color him in. And the paper pack with the teal/blue paper also has a yellow paper that matches the Copic markers. And this is my very long-winded way of saying that yes, I was initially inspired by the awesome inspiration photo... and I might have created my way out of not qualifying for this challenge! But I figured I would post my card anyway, because I like it. :)

(Supplies - Stamps: (Paper Smooches) Zoo Crew, Pretty Phrases, and Clipboard. Ink: (Papertrey Ink) Aqua mist. (Memento) Tuxedo Black. (Ranger) Archival Black. Cardstock: (Stampin' Up!) Crumb Cake textured cardstock. Patterned Paper: (BasicGray). Other: Brads, enamel dots, circle punch.)

Next up is a card for this week's Wplus9 Monday Mood Board:


No long winded explanation needed for this card! I was inspired by the lovely blues and greens, and the artsy "look" to the board (paint, paint brushes, painted cardstock). I worked with three colors: Papertrey Ink's Spring Rain, Enchanted Evening, and Ocean Tides. I layered several flowers from Wplus9's Embroidered Bouquet with the three ink colors. The sentiment is also from Embroidered Bouquet, which I stamped on some BasicGray patterned paper. I adhered the doily and banner die cut (PTI's Sketched Shapes die) after stamping more flowers on them. I finished off the card with Enchanted Evening buttons, Hero Arts pearls, and Papertrey Ink Enchanted Evening twine. 
 
(Supplies - Stamps: (Wplus9) Embroidered Bouquet. Ink: (PTI) Enchanted Evening, Spring Rain, Ocean Tides. (Ranger Archival) Black. Cardstock: (PTI) Ocean Tides, Spring Rain. Patterned Paper: (BasicGray). Doily: Stampin' Up!. Dies: (PTI) Scalloped border, Sketched Shapes. Buttons, twine: (PTI) Enchanted Evening. Pearls: (Hero Arts).)

And the last card is for this week's ColourQ challenge: 


I pulled out several new Papertrey Ink birthday sets for this card: Background Basics: Birthday Fun, Birthday Style, and Wonderful Words Birthday. The banners/streamers in Birthday Style are a lot of fun to layer (with both ink and dies + ink), and the presents from Background Basics: Birthday make a fun border on the bottom of the card. I stamped the presents separately with Lucky Limeade and Pumpkin Pie ink, then fussy cut the centers of three presents before adhering them to my card. I love the little pop of color it adds to the bottom of the card.

 (Supplies - Stamps: (Papertrey Ink) Background Basics: Birthday Fun, Birthday Style, and Wonderful Words Birthday. Ink: (Stampin' Up!) Melon Mambo Lucky Limeade, Pumpkin Pie, Black. Cardstock: (PTI) White, Kraft. Dies: Wonderful Words Birthday, Birthday Style. Patterned Paper: (PTI) Hibiscus Burst Patterns Pack.)

Whew! I'm sorry for the excessively wordy post... I am v-e-r-y sleepy and tend to ramble when I'm tired. :)

On a final (very happy!) note... I received an e-mail from Paper Crafts Magazine today: I will have two cards published in an upcoming special issue! I was having lunch with some friends (hi Liz and Anna!) when I received the e-mail and I think I actually squealed when my phone dinged. Yes, I'm a spaz.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!

11 comments:

Kara said...

Awesome cards!! The one for the MMB is jusr so beautiful and sodt with all of those layers and your CQC card is so bright and fun! Thanks for joining us!

Tracey McNeely said...

Erin loving all of your cards. That giraffe is so sweet, your WPlus9 Mood Board is gorgeous and then the fun birthday card. Thank you so much sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

Jeanne J. said...

You really showed off your style here! All three cards are beautiful and you captured so many emotions - fun and whimsical (that giraffe) and wow the WPLUS9 so elegant and romantic looking!

Leigh Penner said...

Grogeous cards, Erin! The middle one is my favourite though. I love how soft and pretty it is!

Lee said...

Wow. All the cards are so beautiful and the three colour combos are really pretty. Well done.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards. I am so excited I found your blog through Paper Smooches Spark challenge blog. You are an amazing designer. BTW....did you do your blog header? it's gorgeous!!!!

Erin said...

Thanks for all the wonderful comments, ladies!

Michelle, the digital designer Karla Dudley created my blog header (and I love it, too!). You can find her blog here: http://karladudley.com/blog/

And her digital store here: http://pixelsandcompany.com/shop/Karla-Dudley/

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous cards!! I love each and every one!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

All three cards are AMAZING! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the PSS card--love the clipboard (I had an idea of making something like that-- just needed to find time! LOL!). LOVE the inks and the papers:) FAB job on this inspiration photo! Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge-- hope you will join in this week as well!!! It's ANYTHING GOES-- so make whatever you want using PS stamps and dies!!! <3

Sylvia said...

What a pretty birthday card, Erin, love how you used the bright colors! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.

Cindy said...

Way to showcase your diversity. Cute and clean, soft and sweet, colorful and fun...you can do it all!