Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Great Impressions Stamps | Happy Balloons

Good morning! This week I wanted to challenge myself to create a card using this stamp, but without Copic markers. I wanted to use a few different ink colors and create a fun patterned background:

 (Supplies - Stamps: (Great Impressions) Flying By. Ink: (Hero Arts) Soft Cantaloupe, Pale Tomato, Bubble Gum. Cardstock: (PTI) White, Melon Berry. Stickers: BasicGray. Other: Button, twine.)

I used an acrylic block with a grid to line up the stamp, and I alternated the three colors so the pattern was even. I popped up the white panel so the button fits nicely behind it. 

I am entering this card in this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge: Birthday Bash.  


... and I'm just noticing that I forgot to add the dot above the "i"! I will fix that before I mail it out. :)

Have a great week! 

7 comments:

Alice said...

love the stamped background! so pretty and delightful! thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Leigh Penner said...

This is so sweet! Those balloons make me think of Dr. Seuss...

carol (krillsister) said...

Great card.Love all the different colors. I love how you did those buttons. Isn't it amazing what you notice when you take the photo of your card?

Pamela said...

Beautiful card! I love the balloons stamped in different colors and the stickers for your sentiment! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Jocelyn Olson said...

That is some beautiful stamping, Erin! I love the images and the colors you used. The buttons and enamel dots are great details. Thanks for joining us for the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Jen Adcock said...

immaculately stamped! So pretty.

Cassie_lu said...

love the gathering of embellies in the lower corner. excellently done!