Thursday, April 17, 2014

ColourQ | Challenge #237

This week's ColourQ challenge had me pulling out Papertrey Ink's newest anniversary set again. I haven't put away Bold Bouquet... it's such a lovely set! I really like the layering options with the flowers and leaves. This color combo is non-traditional for flowers, but I think the flowers turned out beautifully.


I can't find my Baja Breeze ink pad or cardstock in my office right now, so I substituted Papertrey Ink's Blueberry Sky. The Happy Birthday sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Beautiful Butterflies. You can't see it in the photos, but I used my clear Wink of Stella marker in the center of each of the flowers. 

(Supplies - Stamps: (Papertrey Ink) Bold Bouquet, Beautiful Butterflies. Ink: (Papertrey Ink) Blueberry Sky, Black. (Stampin' Up!) Basic Gray, Peach Parfait, So Saffron. Cardstock: (Avery Elle) Silver Fox. (Papertrey Ink) Blueberry Sky, Harvest Gold, White. Patterned Paper: (Papertrey Ink) Melon Berry patterns pack. Dies: (Papertrey Ink) Bold Bouquet, Filigree Border die.)

I used dimensional adhesive to adhere a die cut flower to the main flower cluster, and more dimensional adhesive to adhere the whole cluster to the Silver Fox cardstock. This card is definitely not suitable for regular mail... too bulky! All the layers and big gems will need a padded envelope. 

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so pretty. I love how you did the vertical stripes and the flowers are a real show stopper! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Erin! Your flowers really stand out with these colors and your panels provide a nice backdrop! So glad you played with us this week!

Claire said...

So pretty Erin, all those beautiful layers and elements - thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Erin, love the design you used and the way you laid out the colors! Thanks for sharing your card at the colourQ this week. Happy Easter.

Tracey McNeely said...

This is so pretty Erin! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ! Happy Easter!

Paper Cake Trail said...

Love your card. It's so pretty.

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous! I love the pop of black on the flowers. :)