Friday, June 5, 2015

October Afternoon | Scrap Recipe Challenge

Last year I went a little crazy and purchased a lot of October Afternoon products... mostly the Daily Flash collections Snapshots, Milk Money, and All Boy. Each of these collections are perfect for scrapbooking photos of Evan and Jack. 

I check out the October Afternoon blog several times per week for inspiration and challenges, and this week's Scrap Recipe Challenge is a fun one: 


This was definitely a challenge for me! I used one piece of patterned paper, two pop drops, four stamps, eleven stickers. So... not exactly what the recipe called for. I also added two journaling tags.


Because this page is CAS (clean and simple), I added a few details to make it more interesting: I popped up each of the photos with foam dots, I added staples (with my tiny attacher) to several of the embellishments, and I offset the "true story" journaling card on the patterned paper. 

The bottom right photo... totally Jack. He can be such a ham, and gets really silly in front of the camera. I was cracking up when I was photographing him, so a few of the photos turned out blurry! He makes me work for good photos.


I am enjoying the creative process so much these days. I finally feel like I'm back in my groove, making both layouts and cards on a regular basis. The layout I created for Gossamer Blue, which will be featured on Gossamer Blue Blog later this month, is one of my all time favorite layouts. I can't wait to share! Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome weekend.

1 comment:

Sasha Farina said...

You rocked the recipe Erin!! Thank
You for playing along!! Xoxo