Sunday, June 7, 2015

Paper Smooches Sparks | Anything Goes Challenge


Good morning! Today I have a card for this week's Paper Smooches Sparks Anything Goes challenge. The Birthday Bash stamp set that came out a couple of months ago is super cute, and I really wanted to use the sweet cupcake on my card. I punched out a circle from Papertrey Ink Aqua Mist cardstock, then stamped the "celebrate" sentiment on top. 

I stamped the cupcake with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then colored it in with Copic Markers, and fussy cut it before adhering it with foam dots onto the Aqua Mist cardstock. I stamped the candle with Stampin' Up Regal Rose Ink, and the flame with Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie inks (I used the rock and roll technique to get to the two colors to blend). 

To create the background, I adhered strips of washi tape and patterned paper, from Studio Calico, onto white cardstock. I stamped the stars, from Seeing Stars, above and below the washi/paper. I added a few enamel dots, also from Studio Calico, and some pink and white twine to finish off my card.



I hope you can play along with us this week! Make sure to check out the rest of the design team for more inspiration:

3 comments:

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVE LoVE LOVE the FUN Design of this!! I agree I NEED to play with that Cupcake!! ;) THANkS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

Karen Steele said...

This is such a lovely fun card that would put a smile on anyone's face :-) Gorgeous!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHHHHHH! I just love this birthday card, Erin! I might have to CASE it several times--- I've got lots of birthdays coming up! LOL!

LOVE LOVE LOVE everything you make! I always leave your blog inspired:)

And I love the projects from your GB post--- love love love them all! I really need to get over to the GB blog and sign up for a kit! <3