Saturday, July 4, 2015

Grandpa | Traditional Layout

After I created a handful of card using the July Gossamer Blue kits, I pulled out this photo of my Dad and Jack, taken a couple of years ago, and created a layout. The large black letters were the inspiration for my page. I wanted a bold title that took up a portion of the lower half of the page. 

I used a variety of kits from the July release on my layout, including the Life Pages Main Kit, the Main Add On Kit, and the Bits and Pieces Kit


The "always choose the adventure" stamp is one of my favorites from this month's Life Pages Main Kit. I added a wooden button, a "special day" stamp (from a previous Life Pages kit), and a couple of puffy stars as accents.


In the bottom corner I created a cluster of elements, starting with a Simple Stories tag (not from the GB kits), "happy memories" tag, flair, a few stars, and some sticker strips. 


I measured the inside of the slide frame and printed my journaling out to fit. After I adhered the journaling/slide to my layout, I added the arrows and "fun" cork stickers, orange and white label, "observations" wood veneer, and more puffy stars.


Make sure to check out the rest of the Gossamer Blue gallery for more inspiration! You can purchase the July Gossamer Blue kits and add-ons here. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful holiday weekend!

1 comment:

Margie Higuchi said...

Aw~! Such a sweet page...I need to do more grandfather-related pages. Thanks for the reminder :)