Monday, July 9, 2012

4th of July

We had a wonderful 4th of July with some good friends of ours... Dion, the Cate's and the Waldo's. The boys played in the pool, ran around the house, ate too much cake, and loved watching the fireworks after dinner. We had sparklers (that as an adult, scare the crap out of me), but the kids l-o-v-e-d them; Evan especially.


Jack and Nick played legos together and were so cute together... they have become good friends over the past few months. 

And this cutie is getting bigger by the minute! I love to snuggle him and make him laugh. He is a great baby and so easy to entertain. 

I love, love, love this photo. My little family... surrounded by palm trees and oh-so-happy. Well, most of us. Jack was not happy that I was making him pose for a photo. He wanted to play! 

Family + Dion. We are so happy he was able to join us for the 4th this year. And the kids were happy he brought his iPad. :-)


Liz made this amazing patriotic cake for us to enjoy. Isn't it fantastic? Her baking skills constantly impress me... I am jealous of her talent! And of course it was yummy, too.  

One more of Nathan. He is five months old and loves to stand. And look at those blue eyes... he is so cute! 

I also wanted to mention that I've opened an Etsy Shop to sell my handmade greeting cards. You can find my shop here.

And PaperCrafts Stamp It! Cards special issue hit news stands last week... and I have two cards in this issue. It is a fantastic issue, packed with beautiful cards and inspiration. 

With only 4 weeks of summer vacation left we are trying to cram everything into these precious days before Evan goes back to school on the 8th. This week I'm hoping to take the boys to the park, the water area of our local zoo, and work on a couple of our Kiwi Crate boxes. And of course spend time with Rocket and Miss Lilly. The more pets we add the more I feel like I'm in the movie "We Bought a Zoo". :-)

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Looks like it was a very fun Fourth for all of you. I hope I get to meet your friends when I come to visit. :) Over a year ago, I saved a tutorial from iambaker.net on how to make those rosettes on that cake but I’ve yet to try it myself. Do you think Liz would teach me?!!