Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Very Merry Snowman

Hello, friends! Back in September I submitted several cards for publication that didn't get picked up, which means I can share them here. The first card I'm going to share uses Papertrey Ink's Shape Up Snowman die and mini stamp set. When this set was first released I completely fell in love with it! The snowman is beyond adorable, and I like the "mix and match" feel of the mini stamp set. 

I stamped the eyes, nose, and mouth onto the snowman, then ran him through my Big Shot using the Peace Be Still impression plate. The polka dot background paper is from Echo Park, which I accented with a small snowflake stamp inked with PTI's Pure Poppy. The "merry" die cut uses another piece of paper from the same Echo Park paper pack. His scarf was created by trimming a piece of PTI felt (it's about 1/4" wide x 6"), then wrapping it around the snowman and adhering in place. I snipped the ends of each side of the scarf to give it a more realistic look.


 (Supplies - Stamps: (PTI) Shape Up Snowman Accessories, Christmas Labels. Ink: (PTI) Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, True Black. Dies: (PTI) Shape Up Snowman, Double Ended Banners, Wonderful Words: Holiday. Cardstock: (PTI) Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, White. Twine: (Stampin' Up!) Cherry Cobbler. Gems: Hero Arts. Felt: PTI. Other: thread, buttons, glitter.)

I can't believe Thanksgiving week is here... we have 4 Thanksgiving celebrations planned (two on Thursday, one Saturday, and one Sunday). Luckily I am only responsible for cooking one of them! I am thrilled to spend time with friends and my parents, who arrive on Saturday. It is going to be an amazing week!

3 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

just adorable

msmith434343 said...

Eeek! This is the cutest little thing! I want one! Just adorable :) Thank you for sharing.

laura said...

Very cute card....their loss :)