Saturday, June 1, 2013

RetroSketches | Challenge #66

I am so excited to be the guest designer for RetroSketches this month! I have participated in the RetroSketches challenges for the last year and they are so much fun... and definitely a challenge each week! 

Here is this week's sketch:


And my take:

(Supplies- Stamps: (Paper Smooches) Daisies and Paisleys. Ink: (Memento) Tuxedo Black. Cardstock: (PTI) White, Aqua Mist. Patterned Paper: (PTI) Limeade Ice Patterns Pack. (Dear Lizzy) 5th & Frolic. Impression Plate: (PTI) Diamonds. Dies: (PTI) Sketched Shapes. Other: Copic markers, twine, buttons.)

(This kinked twine is driving me bonkers... I need to pull out my mini iron and flatten it!). 

I wanted to create three chevron stripes/notched triangles for the bottom of my card, but I don't have a die to match that shape. I pulled out Papertrey Ink's Sketched Shapes triangle die and ran it through my big shot. Then I used the same triangle die to die cut a small triangle out of the bottom of the larger triangle. They aren't perfect, but darn close. :)

That's it for me today! I'll be back next week with another card for RetroSketches! And check back tomorrow for this month's Great Impressions Stamps challenge card... sparkle!

No comments: