Thursday, October 9, 2014

Make it Monday | Challenge #183

This week's Make it Monday challenge is dry embossing over heat embossing... how fun! I created a fall card with Papertrey Ink's Leaf Prints stamp set, and the sentiment is from Falling Leaves. 

I used three colors of Zing embossing powder for my leaves: Mustard, Cricket, and Apricot. I stamped each leaf separately and heat embossed them one at a time. After all the embossing had cooled, I ran my argyle impression plate through the big shot. I stamped the sentiment onto Kraft cardstock with black Archival ink, and the leaves were die cut from Leaf Prints dies and vellum. The super cute polka dot button is from Doodlebug Designs. 

I've tried so many different types of vellum, but the Papertrey Ink vellum that I use now is my absolute favorite. It's thicker than regular vellum and die cuts perfectly every time.

 


That's it for me tonight! My parents are flying in tonight for Evan's soccer tournament, and we have a very busy week planned. I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday! 

5 comments:

Laura Williams said...

Ahh, this is COOL! I love all the texture, and those leaves are fabulous!

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful, beautiful fall card and I love your textured background and vellum leaves...SO pretty! :0)

Petra Swart said...

Beautiful card, Erin!!! Love your embossed leaves and the dry embossing. The vellum leaves are stunning!!! Lovely card!!!

Jenelle said...

What a beautiful autumn card! I love the bright leaves and textures!

Kara said...

Gorgeous!!