Sunday, November 9, 2014

Gossamer Blue | November Projects


I have so many projects to share using the November Gossamer Blue kits. They were a blast to work with... gorgeous florals, bright fall colors, and plenty of sparkle! Can you say "glitter bows"? 

First up is my "main kit only" project. I used the awesome flower stamp to create my background, then used my ink pad and water brush to add color. 

Let's talk about the feathers. I pulled out one of the Kelly Purkey feathers from the Life Pages Themed Add-on and used it as a guide to create my own feathers from patterned paper. I didn't even trace it... I just held the feather against the patterned paper and cut around it. This technique worked so well that I created a second feather to layer under the first one. 

I pulled the gold "happy" phrase off of a Maggie Holmes tag, then stamped "birthday" on a banner below it. I added some crochet thread and a wood veneer postage heart to finish off my card.


The wood veneer pack from Heidi Swapp's September Skies collection (from the Life Pages #3 add-on) was one of my favorite products to work with. I used my Memento Luxe pigment ink to recolor the "hello" piece. 

I'm sure there is a better way to do this, but when I recolor wood veneer, I usually place the wood piece on my craft mat, then tap the ink pad onto it. Sometimes I have to push harder to get good ink coverage (and I usually end up with ink all over my hands), but it works for me. Pigment ink takes a while to dry, so I'll use my heat gun to dry it if I'm short on time.


More pink and florals and gold. I rarely get to scrapbook with pink or flowers (thanks to a husband and two little boys!), but I love to use them on my cards. The flowers are gorgeous, but I was really drawn to the beautiful leaves included in the same pack. Black and white striped vellum, gold glitter, gold velum, and the dark green leaves are a few of my favorites. I layered them on white patterned paper, then added the "love you" sentiment. 

I'll share the rest of my projects on the 15th during the Gossamer Blue November Blog Hop. Please leave any questions in the comments; I'll make sure to answer them. Have a great week!

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such pretty cards!!!

Dictionary said...

Lovely cards, really like the one in the middle!

caroline hancock said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these, the designs are fabulous along with all the patterns and colours.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are so gorgeous, Erin!