Monday, November 3, 2014

Retro Sketches | Challenge #139

Hell there! My Retro Sketches card is a wee bit late this week because of a screw up on my part... I'm participating in a super fun blog hop tomorrow and I didn't read the directions thoroughly, causing me to combine two challenges that I shouldn't have. Whoops! But it's done and I'm sure happy with the results. :)


My plan when I created this card was to flip the sketch from horizontal to vertical, and try a black/white/light blue color combo. This flower stamp, from Stampin' Up!, is so gorgeous and I didn't want a bunch of color & patterns distracting from it.

I used Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black ink to stamp the flower. I practice 4 or 5 times to get it just right, but the result is a striking stamped image. I masked off the sentiment from the stamp and used a small sentiment from Papertrey Ink instead. 



Make sure to check back tomorrow for another project that I created using this sketch. I'm participating in a fun blog hop (with prizes!) that you won't want to miss! 

4 comments:

Petra Swart said...

Such a beautiful card, Erin!!!! Love it!!!

Erin said...

Thanks Petra!

~amy~ said...

Erin, this is awesome! Love the black and aqua duo!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Erin,

The black/white contrast is truly eye-catching. Love the simplicity!

Not sure if anyone has mentioned, when I clicked the link to get here on the retro page, it took me to a post waayyyyy back in time on your blog? Lucky for me I knew how to navigate to this post. Perhaps thats why you only have a few comments, your card is fab and deserves more!

Blessings,
Barb