Sunday, November 30, 2014

Gossamer Blue | December Memories Inspiration Blog Hop

  
Good morning! I am thrilled to be participating in the Gossamer Blue December Memories Inspiration Blog Hop. This year's December Memories kit is packed with so many fun embellishments, pocket journaling cards, 6x8 papers, washi tape, wood veneer and cork pieces, and so much more. 

First up I want to talk about organization. This kit has a ton of tiny embellishments, packaged stickers, papers, etc., and keeping track of everything can be tricky. I pulled out a divided clear plastic bin that I purchased from Ikea as my main method of organization. 


I dumped the wood veneer and cork right into one of the smaller bins, while the 800+ sequins were poured into a previously purchased glass jar. The jar had a sticker on it that was hard to remove, and left quite a bit of residue, so I covered it in fun red chevron washi tape.

Here's another look at my supplies, happy in their new crafty home. You can see that I've already used a few of the enamel dots... they are SO CUTE! Definitely one of my favorite embellishments in this kit.



I want to show you a few of the products in this kit that I will be pulling out for my album. Of course I love everything, but some products are more "me". 



These 4x6 cards fit perfectly in the divided page protectors that are included in the album, and they make me happy. The "december" card is one that I'm going to use right away. I love the tiny diagonal stripes and the font.


There are four separate products here: the fabulous stamp set, vellum shapes (LOVE these!), puffy stickers, and badges/flair. The circle star vellum shapes will absolutely be used up first... they are the perfect sizes and colors. I'm using my Xyron sticker maker to apply adhesive to the vellum shapes. 

 

Die cuts, chipboard numbers, wood pieces, and cork pieces. The chipboard numbers are a great weight, and they can be stapled or sewn right onto your pages. The wood and cork pieces are great additions to this kit and I'm super excited to use the wood wreath on one of the 3x4 journaling cards. 

My original goal was to finish all of the foundation pages before December 1st, but we've had company at the house for the past 10 days and that didn't happen. I got a good start on it today, and I'm hoping to make more progress tomorrow. Hopefully by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week I'll have all the foundation pages finished. 

 
I'm keeping it simple with my cover. I used one of the 6x8 papers and called it good. 

Here are the first few pages in my album:


 


I can't believe how quickly this album is coming together! All the colors coordinate beautifully and each element is unique. I hope my post has inspired you to pull out your Gossamer Blue December Memories kit and get your foundation pages completed! 

Make sure to check out the rest of the Gossamer Blue design team for more December Memories inspiration:
Anabelle O'Malley
Beshka Kueser
Brenda Weaver
Cindy Liebel
Diane Payne
Ewa Kujawska 
Eyoung Lee
Heather Leopard
Jessica Lohof 
Jill Cornell
Jill Keller
Jina Jean
Kasia Przbyt
Katie Ehmann
Keisha Campbell
Laura Rahel Crosby
Magda Mizera
Maria Lacuesta
Melanie Blackburn
Naomi Atkins
Michelle Wooderson
Pam Garrison
Rebecca Luminarias
Tara Anderson
Vanessa Perry
Gossamer Blue Blog

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe I need that bin! Great organizing and the foundation pages look wonderful :)

Cindy said...

Can you believe it's already December? Can't wait to see how your December Memories turns out; hope you will post your pages frequently. Have a wonderful holiday season!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this looks amazing! I also love how you stored your goodies from the kit!

Laura Rahel said...

I love all the pretty pictures you shared!