Monday, November 24, 2014

Papertrey Ink | Make it Monday #190

This week's Make it Monday was super inspiring to me. I love the look of plaid and this technique is one I've wanted to try for awhile.

Like Ashley, I pulled out my Background Basics: Super Stripes set to create my plaid tag. I die cut the tag before stamping.

I started by stamping the three stripe stamp in Hawaiian Shores, then I added a single stripe with Berry Sorbet ink. I added the four stripe stamp with Enchanted Evening, then a single stripe with Aqua Mist. The last two colors I added were Melon Berry and Fine Linen. I am so excited with the results! I wanted the fun plaid technique to be the focus of my card, so I kept the rest pretty simple. I used one of Papertrey Ink's free $5 floral sets for the sentiment and flowers/leaves, and added some Enchanted Evening twine to the top of the tag. An enamel dot in the center of the flower finishes it off. 

(Supplies - Stamps: (Papertrey Ink) Background Basics: Super Stripes, Ruby Reprise. Ink: (Papertrey Ink) Enchanted Evening, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Melon Berry, Fine Linen, Black. Dies: (Papertrey Ink) Tag Sale #5, Ruby Reprise, First Place. Twine: (Papertrey Ink) Enchanted Evening. Enamel Dot: My Mind's Eye.)

For the sentiment used the banner die from the First Place die collection, but only one side has notches in them. I die cut the banner from the die, then flipped the banner over and ran it through my Big Shot again, cutting out notches from the other end. 

That's it for me tonight! Thanks for stopping by and have a great week. 

7 comments:

Nicole Parmentier said...

Wow, this is awesome! I love your style!! I will follow your blog from now on!

victoria h said...

gr8 card- love your stamping.

Erin said...

Thanks, Nicole!

Birgit said...

Love your colorful plaid! The tag makes a fun, bold statement on your simple design for a card. Great job! ~ Birgit

Petra Swart said...

WOW, what great stamping, Erin!!!! I thought it was a piece of dp!!! Love the cute little flower!! Beautiful card!!

Have a great day!!!

Lindsey said...

Fabulous! Love the colors of your plaid and how the design allows the plaid to really shine.

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful!