Sunday, February 22, 2015

Paper Smooches Sparks | Designer Drafts Challenge


Good morning! This week's Paper Smooches Sparks challenge is Designer Drafts... a super cute sketch challenge! Here's the sketch:


This sketch is very versatile and can be used horizontally or vertically. I created a horizontal card using the new Ahoy Me Hearty stamp set... and oh my goodness is it a cute set. I used a combination of Spectrum Noir and Copic markers to color in the parrot. 

My only issue with my card is I didn't get a great impression with my Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I use this ink with Copic markers, but maybe it's time to try a different ink. If you guys have suggestions I would love to hear them!


Make sure to check out the rest of the design team for more inspiration! 

5 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I LOVE this card, Erin! I think that little parrot is just too cute! I think your inking was perfect--- it's rough like a pirate! FUN! Do you need more ink in your ink pad? That might be causing this type of transfer (but again, I like it!)! FAB take on this sketch--- and with one stamp set! YOU ROCK!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun! I love it!

Unknown said...

This is my favorite stamp set at the moment I can wait to recived at home... Your card is so fun Erin! Thank you for your inspiration

Doudou said...

So cute card! very fun!

Itzi Dreams said...

I love it!!