Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Papertrey Ink | Make It Monday #200

This week's Papertrey Ink Make it Monday challenge is layering cover plate die cuts. I have quite a few Papertrey Ink Cover Plates, and I used the Triangles cover plate for my card.

I die cut the triangles cover plate from Aqua Mist and Tropical Teal cardstock, then offset them before adhering them to my card base. I stamped the rose from The Sweet Life in Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, and Tropical teal ink (from Papertrey Ink). The leaves I stamped in Studio Calico's Clean Slate and Gray Area. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Year of Flowers: Lily, which I stamped on a double ended banner die cut.

 

Check back tomorrow for a few projects using this month's Gossamer Blue collections. Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

7 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Nancy Penir said...

Lovely Erin!

Susi said...

Love how you layered the 2 Cover Plate dies, with the darker peeking from behind. Really does a lovely job of showing off the rose flower!

Marcia Hill said...

This is SO pretty Erin! Love your colors and especially how your leaves pop against the background...just perfect!! :0)

Petra Swart said...

Oh, this is so beautiful, Erin!!!! I LOVE your stunning card!! The 2 layered dies make such a stunning bg for your beautiful rose!!! I have that rose stamp, too, but there's no way I can stamp it so perfectly as you did - tried several times, but no success :( !!!!
Have a lovely day!!!

Erin said...

Thanks for your sweet comment, Petra!

A little hint about stamping the rose... start with the "top" layer (darkest color) first, then the middle layer, then the bottom layer. I have a lot more success when I stamp this set in reverse order. :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous!