Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Pre-School | Traditional Layout


Hello crafty friends! I hope everyone is having a good week. 

I spent a few hours at my friend Anna's house last week, working on a layout and chatting with her adorable two year old son, Douglas. Anna worked on a few project life spreads, and I pulled out this picture of Evan to create a page about the pre-school he attended in Ohio. I can't believe how little he is! Sweet blue eyes and a genuine smile. I'm not getting this smile nearly enough these days... smiling for the camera is no longer "cool". Sigh. Darn kids keep growing up. 

Here's the full layout. I used a variety of products from older Studio Calico kits, mixing and matching products from main kits, project life kits, and add-ons. The die cut stars are fun because they were cut from watercolor paper and originally white. I used the ink from a light blue dye ink pad and a water brush to color them in. 


The "hello love" is printed on some Studio Calico paper. The full sheet has clouds printed on it, plus cute little phrases in a few places. I adhere my photo to the paper, directly under the "hello love" sentiment, then trimmed it with my paper trimmer.


The "believe in yourself" sticker is from the the January AE Story kit. I still need to sketch out a few layouts to coordinate with this kit, and get to work!, before the February kit ships on the 15th. The December kit, Firsts, was so much fun to work with and I have three complete projects done with that kit. Hopefully I will get those projects photographed and uploaded later this week.


During 2010-2012 I mostly created cards, not layouts, and it's been fun to go back and scrapbook photos from those few years. The boys are in completely different stages now and while I miss my little ones, their current ages have been wonderful. 

Also, I have a card up on the Chickaniddy Crafts blog today! Hop over there to see the full card.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

A friend to scrap with...how that takes me back to the times we sat on the living room floor in your apartment and did just that. It was fun, wasn't it?!

Love the page!

Erin said...

Oh yes... back when we didn't have any furniture! I miss scrapping with you.... I think it's time for you to buy a condo in Florida. :)

Fawn said...

I love the clean, graphic style of your layout.

I miss the days when I had girlfriends with whom I scrapbooked. Good times.