Friday, October 26, 2012

Make It Monday | Challenge #88

Hey everyone! I hope you all are staying safe this weekend. We are keeping a close eye on Hurricane Sandy. So far we have had a lot of wind and rain, but nothing major (and we still have power... yay!). The boys think the storm is "so, so cool!" and "the wind is AWESOME!". I am significantly less excited!

Being stuck inside isn't all bad... I've spent some time in my office created a card & working on my project life album. Today's card is for Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday Challenge: Positive and Negative Die Cuts:

(Supplies - Stamps: (PTI) Lovely Layers. Ink: Fresh Ink. Cardstock: (PTI) Rustic White, Scarlet Jewel. (Stampin' Up!) Going Gray. Patterned Paper: (PTI) Scarlet Jewel Patterns Pack. Dies: (PTI) Lovely Layers, Pinked Edge. Other: buttons, white string.)

A close up of the layered die cuts. Here is how I created the main dimensional flower image: 

1. Stamp the large flower petal image onto rustic white cardstock, line up the die, and die cut the same flower petal using a second piece of rustic white cardstock. 

2. Die cut a smaller flower petal and stamp on it with light pink ink, then adhere it to the larger petal stamped image. 

3. Use pop dots to pop up the die cut rustic white cardstock and the green petal die/stamped piece. 

4. Layer a smaller center piece on top using a regular adhesive. 

Clear as mud? :)

Please leave any questions in the comments section. I am happy to answer them!


A close up of the right side of the card. I layered the top three pieces using regular adhesive, then adhered the image to the patterned paper/die cut strip.


Dies are so versatile... and really fun to work with! I had a blast creating this project. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Margareta Carlsson said...

Oh, I love negative die cuts! It always turns out being so pretty. I've only used that technique a couple of times on my cards but it turned out absolutely gorgeous, so now I'm planning to use a lot more of negative die cuts in my projects!

Staci said...

It's beautiful! TFS and have a wonderful weekend!

Greta said...

This is fabulous! Now that I finally inked up Lovely Layers I've got to try something like this.