Thursday, April 25, 2013

Papertrey Ink | April Blog Hop

The tilted/diagonal trend is so popular in papercrafting right now, and I have been happily creating diagonal projects for the last few months: here, here, and here.


My previous projects have included diagonals that cover the front of the card/layout, edge to edge. For this card I wanted the diagonal strips to cover half to two-thirds of the card front. I pulled out Maile's new Sketched Shapes dies to die cut two different sized banners in several different colors of cardstock and patterned paper. I created a pattern I liked, then adhered the strips down before trimming off the excess. I created the flowers using the Lovely Layers stamps and dies. Each flower was covered with an Aqua Mist button. The mix of colors (Enchanted Evening, Hibiscus Burst, Limeade Ice, Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart, and white) just makes me happy. :)

 (Supplies - Stamps: (PTI) Lovely Layers. Ink: (PTI) Hibiscus Burst, Lemon Tart, Enchanted Evening, Limeade Ice. Cardstock: (PTI) Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart, Limeade Ice, Enchanted Evening. Dies: (PTI) Sketched Shapes, Lovely Layers. Patterns Paper: (PTI) Hibiscus Burst, Aqua Mist Patterns Pack. Other: Buttons, vellum, thread.)

That's it for me! I am off to watch Evan perform in front of his school... he is on the dance team. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Shanna Shands said...

This looks fun. i love all the little banner pieces!

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous! I love all of the patterned paper banners on an angle and how you used vellum for the lovely layers flower!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Oooh, I love this! So pretty!

Helene said...

Wow ! your card is amazing !!!

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! Such a BEAUTIFUL Card!! I LOVE your take on the Tilted Challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

samantha's cards said...

very colorful , fun card.

Scrappin4kim(Jennifer) said...

love your take on the tilt!!

janelle said...

Love all the banners! Super cute color combo, too.

Nina Yang said...

Love, Love this!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the panel of banners - terrific colors & shapes!