Friday, December 19, 2014

Gossamer Blue | December Memories


Hello crafty friends! I have been working on my December Memories album religiously this year, and I wanted to share a few of my completed pages. I am using the Gossamer Blue December Memories kit and album.

I tried taking pictures of each page in the album, but the glare from the page protectors was horrible, so I took each page out and photographed it on a white background. 

About half of my pages are single page spreads, and half are double page spreads. I evaluated that based on the photos and story for each day. On December 8th, I made hot cocoa for the kids. The photos weren't great, because it was indoors at night, so I used a photoshop action to change them to black and white, then cropped them to 3x4 inches.

 
 
 My next page is another single page spread, without a photo. The boys and I went to a high school soccer game and I took photos, but my phone crashed and I had to do a factory reset, so I lost those photos. Fortunately the rest of my photos were found, but not Wednesday night's photos. I told the story, create the page, and called it a day. 


This next page is probably my favorite. The kids created Christmas ornaments for my mom's tree using kits I picked up at Michael's, and the look on Jack's face was priceless. He adores Christmas and had so much fun making something special for Grandma. Evan is usually reluctant to try new art projects, but he even got into it. 

I purchased the Merry Christmas gold washi from Target a couple of weeks ago. It is more like clear tape, but it looks so cool on photos. 


My last page is the traditional picture with Santa. We went to Bass Pro Shop for the photo rather than fight the crowds at the mall. The green banner is from the ephemera pack (included in the December Memories kit), along with the green vellum tag, number 12, and "Friday" sticker. 


I haven't completed a December Memories project since 2007, and I can't believe we only have a week left! Of course I ran out of printer ink tonight so I need to make a run to Target in the morning, but I am on track to get this album finished this year. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

No comments: