Monday, December 15, 2014

October Afternoon | Thursday Sketch Challenge

** This is my second post of the day. To see this week's Retro Sketches card, click here

Surprise! Two posts from me today. I usually post as I create, but right now I actually have a backlog of projects that are photographed but I haven't shared. This layout is one of those projects. I created it a few weeks ago following this sketch from October Afternoon:


I admit that I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to October Afternoon products. They have some of my favorite collections of all time... The entire Snapshots line, Public Library, Midway, Woodland Park, Rocket Age. Their letter stickers and labels are awesome to work with. A few of the "deals" sites have had OA products recently and I've managed to pick up some of the newer lines. Don't even get me started on the Santa Sacks... oh how I love them! 

I'm not sure exactly which products I used on my layout... I just pulled out my "October Afternoon" bin and went to work. I mixed and matched patterns and colors until I was happy. Before adhering everything down, I spritzed the kraft cardstock with Heidi Swapp Navy Color Shine for a little texture.


The navy "instagrammed" tag and "{heart} this photo" tags are so cute and versatile. I printed out my journaling using the Rough Typewriter font onto Neenah Solar White cardstock. The black and white letters, in the title, are some of my most used and I ran out of letters for the word "library" (after I had placed them on the page, of course). Rather than remove all the letters, I pulled out my orange letters in the same font to finish off the title. 


A closer look at the title and the cute picture of my boys. We have so much fun during the summer visiting the library, and ours does a great job of providing fun activities for kids each week. Angry Birds day was definitely their favorite of the summer. 


A closer look at the strips of patterned paper, journaling, and "summer 2014" stickers. I added a few star enamel dots last... I wasn't sure if I wanted to include them, but now that the layout is finished, I'm glad I did. 

I've been creating a lot more traditional layouts lately and I'm not happy with my album system. I think it might be time to re-do my current system. I'll be checking out some blogs, looking for a new system between now and the end of the year. I would love to spend January organizing and purging my studio... the new year always makes me want to have a fresh start in my craft space.

Thanks for stopping by!