Saturday, December 28, 2013

CAS(E) This Sketch | Challenge #58

One of my goals for 2014 is to use my Silhouette Cameo more. I've had my machine for almost two years, and while I use it occasionally, I'm not using it as often as I could be. I started on that resolution a little early and created a card for this week's CAS(E) This Sketch challenge using some Karla Dudley Designs cut files. They turned out so well... this machine really does cut like butter!


I cut out the flowers and leaves with my Silhouette, then turned them upside down and ran them through my Xyron machine. I used some Stampin' Up! glitter and poured it over each die cut, covering them completely. After shaking off the excess, I adhered them to my card using my tape runner on the bottom pieces, and dimensional adhesive on the top flowers. I love how shiny and sparkly it turned out! You can find Karla's beautiful flower cut files here.

(Supplies - Stamps: (PTI) Bigger Blooms. Ink: (Memento) Black. Cardstock: Papertrey Ink. Enamel Dots: My Mind's Eye. Cut files: Karla Dudley. Glitter: Stampin' Up!)

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend! 

7 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Erin! I love it!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Gorgeous "sugared" look!!
Happy New Year!!!

karen h said...

Gorgeous card! Love the glittered flowers and the sprinkle of enamel dots.

Michelle Lupton said...

I saw your card at CASe this sketch - and I have NO IDEA why I'm not already following your blog!! Fixed now! ;)

Betty said...

How beautiful. Love your glitter die cuts. Great job. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

Kara said...

so pretty!! love the glittered flowers!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Congrats Erin, this is such a beauty!!!