Monday, December 2, 2013

December Daily | Day 1

I can't remember the last time I was this excited for Christmas. Our first year in our new house, our first Christmas with my parents in 4 years, and a whole list of new traditions, projects, and festivities planned. Like last year, I am creating a December Daily. Unlike last year, however, I have a new(ish) printer, plenty of ink, and a new version of Photoshop CS6 that will (hopefully) cooperate! I created up to day 6 last year when my printer stopped working, and I quickly fell behind (and never caught up). I am not going to let that happen this year!

My photos today aren't great. I love our house, but it doesn't get a lot of natural light due to few windows (a Florida thing... fewer windows we will need to cover if we get hit by a hurricane!). I am trying to find a good spot to take photos, and I think the kitchen table is out. Today's pictures are darker than I would like, and our table is a glass top, which reflects the kitchen lights + my flash like crazy. But I am not going to stress about it now... I will just try a new spot tomorrow. 

Here's my Day 1. I had a hard time starting last night... I wasn't sure how I wanted to approach my album and I was a little flustered. Luckily Ali posted a sneak peek of her day 1 on instagram, and I was inspired, so my pages look similar to hers. 

It's a little hard to see, but I used the transparent "Peace, Love, and Joy" album insert from Studio Calico's December Daily kit in the top right pocket. Top left is a journaling card from a Project Life core kit... Midnight, I think?


The left two pockets hold the back of a December calendar, which I covered with gold shimmer paper, a punched star, and a gold enamel dot. The top label was stamped with red StazOn ink, and the sentiment is from last year's SC December Daily kit. Underneath is the backside of the Ho Ho Ho wood die cut.


Journaling card from Project Life and date label is from October afternoon. I used my type writer for the journaling. 


The bottom pocket holds a picture of our new elf, Franklin, and his book. Franklin arrived yesterday morning and the kids love, love, love him. Today they found Franklin playing Hi Ho Cherry-O with Buzz and Woody (from Toy Story), and tomorrow, they will wake up to a kidnapping! Franklin has been taken by a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle and his gang of army men and strung up from our pendant lamp in the kitchen. I'm sure Ev and Jack will get a kick out of it. And if Franklin gets into enough trouble this holiday season, I might create a mini book (after the holidays!) of elf pictures.

On to Day 2! I will finish up today's page and post it tomorrow after I get back from the mall... I need a new dress for Mark's upcoming holiday party. And possibly new sparkle shoes. :)

1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this looks great, Erin! Good for you for doing December Daily. I seem to only do it on even years.... LOL!