Monday, May 27, 2013

CAS-ual Fridays | Red, White, and Blue Challenge

This week's challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays is to use Red, White, and Blue. I did a little searching on Pinterest for inspiration, and found a beautiful star pendant that I used as a starting off point for my card.


(Supplies - Stamp: (Mama Elephant) On Target. Cardstock: (Papertrey Ink) Enchanted Evening, Pure Poppy, White, silver shimmer. Ink: (Papertrey Ink) Enchanted Ink. Die: (Papertrey Ink) Seeing Stars, Star Gazer dies. Other: Gems.)

The pack of gems I picked up from Michaels has both clear and frosted gems, and I used both on this card, alternating the two. The tiny star dies are new from Papertrey Ink: Star Gazer die collection. They are so tiny, but I love the subtle detail they add when used with silver shimmer paper.

Check back tomorrow for a new card using Great Impressions Stamps. I pulled out my Copic markers for a spring birthday card. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Jenny said...

Swoon!

Linda said...

Great card. Love the star.

Marlena M. said...

I love this! It's incredible~

Bethany Stellpflug said...

wow. Love this! I love the bit of bling you added too. So sweet! :)

Deepti said...

This is soooooooooo pretty. I like the idea of adding stripes to the star, very attractive :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice card, and great design!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

LOVE this card! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Angie Tieman said...

Ooooh, awesome card! So creative and I love that bling! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Kelly Griglione said...

Yep, loving that bling! Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

wienerhoneymooners said...

WOw! WOW WOW! Love that bling, super job, CONGRATS

Darnell said...

This stunner blew me back in my chair, Erin! It was SO destined to be a winner! Congratulations on the Contender honor from CFC!!